Saturday, July 24, 2010

No Need To Jailbreak iPhone For Web Fix On T-Mobile

Hopefully this saves someone else the hassle of searching through forums, blogs, and videos only to discover the same, complicated, and bad advice. After updating my iPhone I could no longer use the internet on T-Mobile. Most troubling was that the ability to change my APN on the iPhone was now removed. An iPhone 3GS that was factory unlocked and surfed the internet just fine until the iOS 4.0 update. Previously only needed proper internet settings provided directly by a T-Mobile rep.

Nearly every blog or forum, including directions on the T-Mobile forum, instructed me to jailbreak my iPhone and download additional software. Said it was the only way to enable web surfing on the T-Mobile network. The thing I like the least about jailbreaking my iPhone is that it gets buggy and sluggish. Plus iOS 4 has really sped my iPhone up and added much better features so I prefer not to do that again.

Without much ado I found the solution to this problem at unlockit.co.nz. Simply visit the site from your phone over a wifi network and it will change the APN settings on your iPhone and works within your browser. All you have to do is select your carrier. Also, handy if you need the iPhone to access the web on international networks. Free and there was no need to jailbreak my iPhone.

3 comments:

  1. I tried this and it is not working for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your phone must be jailbroken if it is a US version.

    ReplyDelete